GMAIL hangs

Piers Lauder piers at janeelix.com
Mon May 2 12:46:40 BST 2011

On Mon, 02 May 2011 11:33:11 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

  > mmh, I tried that and it promptly managed to sync around 400 emails from
  > gmail just fine. It is really hard to track down. But while it is stuck,
  > it is stuck waiting for some FUTEX (seen in strace).

I hate futex bugs :-)

Anyway, as imaplib2 uses threading locks, it could easily be happening there.

It would really help to have a trace at level 5 up to the point the hang
happens... and if that doesn't help, I'll add traces around all the aquire/release points.

  > Yes, a mailing list for imaplib2 would be nice, I don't have strong
  > opinions about which place would be best.
  >
  > Sebastian

I haven't tried it before, but does github provide for mailing list setup?
If so, I'll put it up there.

Piers.