remotepass with % must be escaped?

Fabio Zanini fabio.zanini at fastmail.fm
Sat Mar 3 17:06:35 GMT 2012

This is the exception thrown, stripped of personal refs:

OfflineIMAP 6.5.2.1
  Licensed under the GNU GPL v2+ (v2 or any later version)
Account sync <account name>:
 *** Processing account <account name>
 Establishing connection to <server address>:993
 ERROR: While attempting to sync account '<account name>'
  '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found: '%/'
 *** Finished account '<account name>' in 0:00
ERROR: Exceptions occurred during the run!
ERROR: While attempting to sync account '<account name>'
  '%' must be followed by '%' or '(', found: '%/'

I am not sure this is can be useful in this context. We could introduce
something like single quotes to avoid escaping for plain passwords:

remotepass = 'password_with%and_other_things'

Otherwise, let us at least document it somewhere!

Cheers,
Fabio