Strange error but synching anyway with gmail

Rainer M Krug Rainer at krugs.de
Thu Sep 22 08:18:14 BST 2016

Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> writes:

> Le mercredi 21 septembre 2016, Nicolas Sebrecht <nicolas.s-dev at laposte.net> a écrit :
>
>  On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:44:04PM +0200, Rainer M Krug wrote:
>
>  > > I don't get how offlineimap can try XOAUTH if no XOAUTH configuration
>  > > option is set.
>  > >
>  > > Could to try to fix the auth_mechanisms configuration option to check
>  > > what is done?
>  >
>  > OK - I might have been out of the offlineimap loop for a few
>  > months. Could you explain what I should do? How to fix the
>  > auth_mechanisms configuration option?
>
>  https://github.com/OfflineIMAP/offlineimap/blob/master/offlineimap.conf#L792
>
>  The idea is to explicitly remove the XOAUTH2 authentication method to
>  check if the issue is still there.
>
> Ok - thanks. I'll do this tomorrow morning.

OK - I added

,----
| auth_mechanisms = GSSAPI, CRAM-MD5, PLAIN, LOGIN
`----

to the

,----
| [Repository RemoteRMKrugGMAIL]
`----

section and the error message is gone.

But I would like to try OATH2.

Now I would like to enable XOAUTH2 and I have all the clientid and
secret. But what is the "accountname" in

,----
| oauth2_client_id_eval = get_client_id("accountname")
| oauth2_client_secret_eval = get_client_secret("accountname")
`----

I tried my gmail address and the name of the project, but I still get
the same error message?

Is there a specific dependency for OAUTH2?

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de