"Seen" tag not getting synchronized

Tomas Nordin tomasn at posteo.net
Mon Aug 3 15:08:40 BST 2020

Arjun <arjunkc at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Quick update: moved away from offlineimap to gmailieer for my gmail accounts and have not seen this behavior again.
>
> Just putting it out there in case anyone else sees a similar scenario.

Another possibility would be to move to some other mail service
provider. I don't understand the details, but it seems gmail has started
to complicate for foss-project mua:s and mta:s [1].

But where you able to conclude something from deleting / deactivating
the mail app on your phone? In my case I have still not been able to
identify offlineimap as the culprit.

[1] https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41386#msg61