[Openstack-devel] swift package diff debian / ubuntu

ghe. rivero ghe.rivero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 10:58:22 UTC 2012

>> What's bellow needs our attention as well:
>>
>>  if ! getent passwd swift > /dev/null ; then
>> -  adduser --system --quiet --disabled-login --disabled-password
>> --no-create-home --group --shell /bin/false swift
>> +  adduser --system --quiet --disabled-login --disabled-password
>> --no-create-home --group swift
>>  fi
>>
>>  usermod -G adm swift
>>
>> IMO, usermod should be called to fix all what adduser does too.
>
> The correct fix IMHO is to remove the if and just call adduser directly.
> This is what we do for other packages.

I will left the if, but just call adduser once.

> It doesn't matter if you call adduser multiple times, it won't say
> if the user already exists, and will take care of consistency.
>
> OTOH, I wonder why the usermod call is for. I don't see why should Swift
> be in the adm group.

In other packages, ubuntu chgrp to adm all log dirs. Maybe they where
trying to do it and finish this way.

BTW, i've being updating glance packages also, not finish yet, and
adding the translations they send us.

Ghe Rivero
--
Pinky: "Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
The Brain: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—try to take over the world!"

 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :
`. `'
  `-    www.debian.org    www.openstack.com

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7