[Openstack-devel] swift package diff debian / ubuntu

Julien Danjou acid at debian.org
Tue Apr 17 11:58:50 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17 2012, ghe. rivero wrote:

> So:
> - Should we disabled login, password and use false as the shell?

The shell is already false for system users, and login is disabled also.
See adduser(1). There's no need to try to be smarter than adduser here.

> - swift doesn't define a home

I'd suggest to use /nonexistent.

> - swift doen't create a group (using addgroup) but using --group in adduser
> - nova doesn't use >/dev/null when grating the group

It's useless, --quiet is done for that purpose, so if it prints
something it's likely to be useful, so don't double quiet.

--
           Julien