[Openstack-devel] Debian OpenStack HOWTO

Loic Dachary loic at enovance.com
Wed Apr 25 21:21:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

A short not to let you know that we have run http://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto successfully with Ignace and Martin, based on the current packages uploaded by Ghe. In the process I updated the HOWTO and I believe it is up to date.

We did not run the swift part which relies on puppet. Francois (who is a developer on the puppet modules for OpenStack) suggested that a different page is created so that there are two HOWTO:

a) http://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackHowto for manually installed packages
b) http://wiki.debian.org/OpenStackPuppetHowto for a puppet driven installation

This is very good timing : people reading http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120425 today should not have troubles following the instructions :-)

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary         Chief Research Officer
// eNovance labs   http://labs.enovance.com