[Openstack-devel] Helping out

Abaakouk Mehdi sileht at sileht.net
Wed Jun 13 06:21:57 UTC 2012

Hi Ola, welcome!

Please find a quick status of what I'am working on.

> As I understand it is the following packages:
> * glance
>   #677080 (this one should be trivial to solve)

I just known that Gregorio are working on glance last week.

> * melange
>   #663397 (depends on factory-boy instead of pyhon-factory-boy)

Fixed by loic last night

> * nova
>   #676638 there is a patch so this one should be trivial to solve
>   #674510 Needs to be checked some more. Maybe a missing dependency.
>   #675271 Needs to be checked some more.

Fix uploaded by loic last night

> * novnc
>   #665893 novnc
> >nova-common>python-nova>python-eventlet>python-greenlet
>   and python-greenlet has a RC bug. But 0.3.1 exist in testing...
>   Why is this a RC bug?

I'am actually working to split the packages to isolate the files that
depends of python-nova (ie: #675850)

For #665893, I don't understand why this package is a RC bugs for us,
why debian builder doesn't build python-greenlet for ia64 (its control
file say "Architecture: any") ???

> * quantum
>   #672170 we must have a versioned conflict and replaces here
>   #673805 we must have a versioned conflict and replaces here

Fix uploaded by loic last night

> * swift
>   #674504 I see that you have a patch here. Should I apply and upload
>     it? I mean it is a RC bug after all. The other alternative is
>     that we add a conflict.

It's my patch :p, this patch isn't for swift, it's for the package
swift-im (not maintained by us), swift-im is a new package uploaded
recently (may) and not related to openstack.
This is why, I think it's more reasonably to change the binary name on
swift-im and not swift.
So I have proposed this patch.

If swift-im maintainer can't answer, I propose to make a nmu on this
package to quickly resolve the issue (but I can't do it myself because
I'am not a DD yet :p ).

The conflict solution is less clean, but It's quicker :)

Regards,
---
Mehdi ABAAKOUK
sileht at sileht.net