[Openstack-devel] get-vcs-source target in debian/rules

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon Jun 18 17:12:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I found that it's really annoying me to have to manually do the "git add
remote", "git fetch", etc. just to get upstream code. So, in nova, I've
added in debian/rules:

get-vcs-source:
  git remote add upstream git://github.com/openstack/nova.git || true
  git fetch upstream
  git archive --prefix=nova-2012.1/ 2012.1 | xz \
      >../nova_2012.1.orig.tar.xz

Is this ok for everyone? Do you think it's a good idea? Should we
propagate this in all our Openstack packages, and tell about it in
http://openstack.alioth.debian.org/?

Cheers,

Thomas