[Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-ddt_0.4.0-1_amd64.changes

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Oct 19 05:31:51 UTC 2013

On 10/19/2013 11:22 AM, Luke Faraone wrote:
> Dear maintainer,
>
> The only clue I could see as to the package license was a trove classifier:
> 	'License :: OSI Approved :: GNU Library or Lesser General Public License (LGPL)'
>
> Could you clarify how you came to determine the package was specifically
> LGPL-2?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luke Faraone
> FTP Team

Hi Luke,

Yes, this is what lead me to write the debian/copyright with LGPL. This
has been written by the main author (biggest committer) of python-ddt,
Carles Barrobés, so I think that's enough proof that it's accurate.

Do you believe that the package should be rejected just because of that?
If so, do you think a LICENSE file of some sort is mandatory? I would
find it quite surprising, because the intention of the author is quite
clear to me here.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)