[PKG-Openstack-devel] tuskar_0.2.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Mar 20 16:34:47 UTC 2014

On 03/20/2014 07:26 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Mar 2014, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Sorry for these mistakes. FYI, I had the package renaming right in my
>> Git, it's just that I didn't realize that I didn't upload the modified
>> dependencies.
>
> Hmm, the current control file says:
>   Package: tuskar-common
>   Architecture: all
>   Depends: adduser,
>            python-tuskar (= ${binary:Version}),
>            tripleo-heat-templates,
>            ${misc:Depends},
>            ${ostack-lsb-base},
>            ${python:Depends}

Wooops! /me feels stupid

There shouldn't be such dependency in tuskar-common. :/
re-re-uploaded. Sorry to waste your time, and thanks for checking again.

>> All of the above is fixed, however you will still see a warning for
>> missing adduser in tuskar-api: this is a false positive. The call to
>> adduser is there in a function (included from openstack-pkg-tools), but
>> it isn't called.
>
> Wouldn't this be a good opportunity to add an override?

I think it'd be best to fix lintian, which seems to only parse the
maintainer scripts for a call to adduser. Otherwise I'd have to add
lintian overrides in *a lot* of OpenStack packages. I have just checked,
and: ceilometer, cinder, glance, heat, horizon, ironic, keystone,
neutron and nova have the correct adduser dependency. However, it seems
I forgot for designate, which is also in NEW. So I've fixed that and
re-uploaded a -2 for that one.

Thomas