[PKG-Openstack-devel] Last packages before the OpenStack Icehouse release

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Mar 22 17:27:28 UTC 2014

On 03/23/2014 01:07 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 02:50:28PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Just a quick message to let you know where I'm at on the packaging of
>> OpenStack and new packages going through the NEW queue.
>>
>> LT;DR: I'm nearly done, there wont be much more packages to check on the
>> NEW queue for the Icehouse release.
>
> Hi Thomas.
>
> Open vSwitch 2.1 was just released.  I am considering updating the
> Debian version to 2.1 (from 1.9), but I can hold off if it would cause
> problems for OpenStack packaging.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben.

(dropping FTP masters, they most likely don't care...)

Ben,

This is quite the opposite. We're currently working with OVS 2.0.1,
kernel 3.12 from backports and the like. Please go ahead and upload!

Are you now using the git repository in the OpenStack group that I've
setup? I did couples of commit there, and that's what we've been using
for our deployments.

BTW, since datapath is now in the Linux kernel, should we drop support
for the DKMS module (and the module assistant one) in OVS?

Thomas