[PKG-Openstack-devel] [MoM] Packaging manila

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue May 12 07:10:22 UTC 2015

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:46:45PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> pkgos-reqsdiff wouldn't work because you didn't run
> # wrap-and-sort -t -a

Ahh, yes, wrap-and-sort is another nice helper.

> Last, it pkgos-reqsdiff also shows versions which you don't need as
> Jessie was released. For example, Jessie has python-babel 1.3, so
> you don't need the "(>= 1.3)" bits of the (build-)depends. Maybe
> Canonical is maintaining this to retain support for Precise, I don't
> know... but for Debian, we currently only care about Jessie from now
> on.

I perfectly agree about the principle.  The tool that implements this
in a (Debian -) generic way is

   cme fix dpkg-control

I personally prefer this since it is not bound to a specific team as the
'pkgos-*" prefix is showing.  If I were you I would use cme inside pkgos
tools to avoid code duplication.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--