[PKG-Openstack-devel] Python 3 support for Pysaml2

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon May 18 17:08:53 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 04:44 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 03:52:28PM +0200, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> huge. First, there's all these print statements, then the Except a,
>> b instead of a as b,
>
> I might be naïve but can't these be covered by the 2to3 script?
>
> Kind regards
>
>        Andreas.

Hi Andreas,

Yes, it's a bit of a naive idea. 2to3 is a "one off" conversion tool
which makes Python 2 incompatible changes. What we want is to have the
code of pysaml2 to work with *both* Py2 and 3.

BTW, patches are slowly added to the master branch of pysaml2 on github,
thanks to Clint Byrum.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)