[PKG-Openstack-devel] Improving the infra CI/CD for Deb packaging

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Wed Feb 22 16:24:47 UTC 2017

On 02/22/2017 07:23 AM, Ondrej Novy wrote:

> but that's theory. I waited ~ week for fix and then i fixed it myself.
> We can't depend on single man to do critical job. We need solution which
> anyone can fix :). Current solution is hackish. Example: If you need to
> add new package for auto backports, every other package is checked for
> update and if there is update, it gets updated. We should change this
> and update packages only if it's needed / desired. Next: We should
> prefer depedency packages from official jessie backports if they are
> newer and (auto-)remove old one from our repo.

I'll give a generic answer to start:

- We shouldn't feel obligated to do things the same way they have been
done, so definitely let's talk through the pain points and improve our
packaging workflow.

- It *is* helpful if we do things consistently across all the OpenStack
packages, both for new people coming in, and for our own sanity in
sharing the work. So, as we find a better way to do things for some
packages, let's change the way we do things for all the packages.

> 8. add repo for Ocata

I've been working on setting up permissions to do this myself, and
hopefully will have that today or tomorrow. But, I'm guessing you don't
need the full set of repos to start working on Swift, so if you let me
know what you need in addition to the openstack/deb-swift repo, I can
ask Infra to set those few up for us directly.

Allison