[PKG-Openstack-devel] Improving the infra CI/CD for Deb packaging

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 23:32:42 UTC 2017

Ondrej,

Please don't put words that aren't mine into my mouth.

On 02/26/2017 11:19 AM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Is there anyone else in this list who agrees with Thomas about "big fat"
> commits is better?

You're implying that I agree with this wording of things. I don't.
Smaller commits are indeed better, but that's not the point of
argumentation:

It's nicer if every commit satisfy the test suite (and in case of
packaging, it means the package builds). In the case of OpenStack, and
due to Gerrit and its workflow, it is even mandatory. I do think we
should follow the workflow of the rest of OpenStack.

In case you want to do multiple commits reviewed at once, and ignore the
errors of the first commits in the list, you should:
1/ Provide a patch to the review system (Gerrit?)
2/ Discuss this with the rest of the OpenStack community

In case you don't want to volunteer for above, or you have found someone
that does, then it's irrelevant to discuss the size of the commits.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)