[Openstack-devel] Which version of OpenStack should we package?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sat Nov 26 05:58:39 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've just seen that version 2012.1~e1-1 of nova reached SID (when I was
expecting 2011.4 to get in). My take was to package only *released*
version of any OpenStack component, but that was is not, it's an
unstable version.

Since there's now a QA team for OpenStack, which is supposed to take
care of any security issue, and the fact that OpenStack is a very fast
moving target in its unstable flavor, doesn't it makes sense to stick to
the latest *stable* version?

I don't mind if you guys think otherwise for this last release, but
before the Wheezy freeze in June, we will have to choose a version, and
to me, using OpenStack stable is a much wiser choice.

Please let me know your view on this topic,
Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)