[Openstack-devel] Request to rename all OpenStack packages to openstack-*

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Feb 21 18:26:42 UTC 2012

On 02/21/2012 09:28 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:
> It would indeed help people who are new to openstack.
> The last time I looked for mongodb related packages
> I looked for mongo in the package names and I suspect
> there are a number of people with this search pattern ;-)

If the problem is only search, then having the word openstack in the
(long) description is enough.

I agree that this would be *a lot* of work, and I'm not sure if it's a
good idea to change all our package names without doing the same in
Ubuntu. This should be discussed in the launchpad list too, IMO.

Thomas