[Openstack-devel] Fwd: Debian presence at OpenStack conf/summit

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 16:06:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Ghe Rivero <ghe at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>   with Julien changes, and a litlle more of work in debostack, I
> think we can make a great job to deploy Openstack in Debian. The only
> concern I have is that Squeeze is a little outdated, and Wheezy can
> take somo time to be released.

Well, the OpenStack can be provided in the "backports" repository for
Squeeze, if someone feeling the need.
(only 2 potential packages come to mind, that may need to be replaced
from Squeeze: qemu and libvirt.)

IMO going through a full testing cycle (Wheezy) is necessary due to
gaps in the Debian documentation / HOW-TO and other issues.
(I constantly find small bugs in both OpenStack and it's related documentation)

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"