[Openstack-devel] non-interactive keystone solution

Ghe Rivero ghe at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 23:24:52 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,
    i think I've found a possible solution to install keystone in a
non-interactive way and be able to use dbconfig-common features, and
with standard Debian pkgs (not apliying ubuntu patches, but it should
work the same way)

# echo "dbconfig-common dbconfig-common/mysql/admin-pass
password essex"  | debconf-set-selections
# echo "keystone        keystone/auth-token     string 999888777666" |
debconf-set-selections
# cat >> /etc/dbconfig-common/keystone.conf << EOF
dbc_dbadmin='root'
dbc_dbname='keystone'
dbc_dbpass='essex'
dbc_dbtype='mysql'
dbc_dbuser='keystone'
dbc_install='true'
dbc_upgrade='true'
EOF
# DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get install keystone

And to remove and purge the database:
# echo "keystone        keystone/dbconfig-remove        boolean true"
| debconf-set-selections
# echo "dbconfig-common dbconfig-common/purge   boolean true" |
debconf-set-selections
# DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get remove keystone

That's all for this night. Tomorrow we can discuss how to proceed about it.

Ghe Rivero

PD.- If someone have problems testing it, maybe it can try with
"dbconfig-common dbconfig-common/remember-admin-pass     boolean true"

--
 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7