[parted-devel] Proposal: Rewrite of Parted UI

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Wed Jan 17 16:32:53 CET 2007

"Sadrul H Chowdhury" <imadil at gmail.com> writes:

>    Hi. I would like to re-suggest libgnt for this (re:
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2006-December/000565.html
>    and
>    http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2006-December/000775.html ).

>     Since my initial commitment, I have not been able to spend much
>    time on this. However, I have started writing a brief tutorial
>    for using this library, which I hope to be able to complete
>    soon. Once the documentation is there, it may attract more
>    contributing developers. And once Gaim 2.0 is out of the way, I
>    may also finally find some time to work on gntparted. In the
>    meantime, it would be most awesome if the existing code attracts
>    someone from this list to give it a go! :-) For possible
>    alternatives, you may also want to consider TWin (
>    http://linuz.sns.it/~max/twin/index.shtml). I have never used it,
>    and I am not sure if some large projects use it. But it looks
>    really cool.  Cheers, Sadrul

I like the libgnt but in the GNU Parted specific case I dunno if it's
the best option. A lot of people use the parted inside of installers
and like and adding another library requirement should be avoided as
possible. What the others think about it?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855