[parted-devel] Parted 1.8.9 problem

Dan Pasanen dan.pasanen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 03:48:47 UTC 2008

Here is my problem, running Ubuntu Server 8.04.1. It comes with parted
1.7.1.  I was getting errors when trying to do anything with my 6tb raid
tower (connected to the server).  When I opened the device ( /dev/sda ) in
cfdisk, it said to use GNU Parted.  I opened it and anytime i did anything
with it, even a simple print command the program crashed.  Read up on it a
little bit and decided to upgrade my version of parted.  I upgraded from
1.7.1 to 1.8.9 with debian sid testing package (parted and libparted).  Now
I am getting a different error.  Hopefully the following pastebins will help
debug this.  Also take note it says that the sector size is 2048, does that
make this harder to do or should I not worry about it?

The output I got with parted 1.7.1: http://pastebin.com/m268a525e
And with 1.8.9: http://pastebin.com/m479fab58

Thanks in advance!
-Dan