[parted-devel] Misplaced Parted link inhttp://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-soc.html

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Thu Mar 27 12:01:06 UTC 2008

De: James Youngman
Enviado el: jue 27/03/2008 12:34
Para: PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE
CC: parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org; The development of GRUB 2
Asunto: Re: [parted-devel] Misplaced Parted link inhttp://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-soc.html

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE
wrote:

>> I suggest a Ncurses frontend for GNU Parted  (so, one can also use it to
> install Linux from Windows and make partitions for Linux in Windows ).

>I'm not sure why you told me this.   The problem is that somebody
needs to fixed the broken link in
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-soc.html

I see the second link with projects for the summer of code and thought about include the Ncurses frontend in the event.

>But ... if you were simply suggesting a project idea ... thanks!

Yes, I do ;-)

>If you have suggestions for improving Parted that might make good
Summer of Code projects, it would be best to discuss them with the
other Parted developers, and once you've reached a consensus send
email to summer-of-code at gnu.org in order to add an HTML fragment to
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas.html.

Done ;-)

> Please include
an indication of who would mentor such a project.

It would be similar to GParted (Gnome-Parted) but with menu interface (Ncurses).   I can include a mentor if anyone want to be.

Regards.

Pedro.