[parted-devel] ERROR during running ./bootstrap from checked out sources

Rohit Hooda hooda.rohit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 15:51:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 6:40 AM, Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> wrote:

> Joel Granados wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 07:14:30PM +0530, rohit hooda wrote:
> >> I have checked out a the parted sources and was trying to build them.
> >> When I try to run ./bootstrap I get the following errors and I am not
> able to proceed.
> >> I am using FC9 and my system is update with the latest updates. BTW, I
> was able to successfully compile it inside a FC11 Virtual Machine.
> >
> > This ^^^^^^^^^^^ is the culprit of your problem :)  You must update to
> > f11 (at least) to get all of the package versions that parted is
> > currently using.  And even then I'd think you would be missing stuff
> > like xz.
> >
> > Another thing you could do is to install autotools stuff from f11, while
> > still keeping your f9 installation.
>
> If you want to develop on F9, you should be able to build/install the
> tools from source, using this script:
>
>    http://et.redhat.com/~meyering/autotools-install<http://et.redhat.com/%7Emeyering/autotools-install>

Thanks Jim for sharing your script, but this still isn't working for me.

I took your script, I had to make the following change to make it run fully.

[rhooda at maverick parted]$ diff autotools-install.old autotools-install
12c12
<   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.64.tar.gz
---
>   ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/autoconf-2.64.tar.gz

After running I tried to run ./bootstrap again. It again failed with the
same errors.

After that I set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environ variable looking at the end of
your script and also set the PATH variable accordingly, but still no
success.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Rohit