[parted-devel] ped_partition_is_flag_available doesn't work on freepartitions

Gilles Espinasse g.esp at free.fr
Fri Jul 10 14:06:47 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Watson" <cjwatson at ubuntu.com>
To: <parted-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 3:58 PM
Subject: [parted-devel] ped_partition_is_flag_available doesn't work on
freepartitions

> None of the disklabel implementors of partition_is_flag_available appear
> to care about the partition at all right now, although I suppose some
> future implementor might (I've heard rumours that some SPARC systems
> don't seem to support LVM physical volumes right at the start of the
> disk, for instance).

I don't know for LVM but having tested raid1 on sparc, I noted in my script
 if [ x$install_type = x"raid" ]; then
  # first cylinder can't be used in raid case as swap or md use the first
blocks
  # disk block 0 and 1 are used by silo to write partition and second.b
  parted_call "$dev mkpart ext2 1cyl ${root_size}MiB"
 else
  # ext2 does not use the first blocks contrary to swap and md partitions
  parted_call "$dev mkpart ext2 0 ${root_size}MiB"
 fi

Gilles