[parted-devel] Fix for s390 fail to build from source

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Sun Jul 19 10:39:02 UTC 2009

Hello Jim,

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Jim Meyering<jim at meyering.net> wrote:
> Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> I've did a fix to get parted building again in s390 (fdasd label).
>> Please take a look at:
>>
>> http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/debian/parted.git;a=commit;h=d3def58a37fcac156a14c2aea098c90ffd6fea7d
>>
>> I think we ought to commit it in master for the release. If people ack
>> it I can push it.
>
> From your commit message I cannot tell that it fixes
> a compilation or link failure (implied by what you say above).
> Please show us how the current code fails on s390 and adjust
> your log message to start with something like this:
>
>    build/fdasd: avoid compilation failure on s390

Will do; I also got a missing change to do together with it to really
allow fdasd to build.

> Also, this part looks like it won't always work:
>
>    -                       arch/$(OS).c
>    +                       arch/$(OS).c            \
>    +                       arch/$(OS).h
>
> since there is no .h file when $(OS) is "gnu" or "beos".

Yes; any suggestion how to fix it? Well I can do it conditionally but
it will be ugly. Any smarter way?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br