[parted-devel] Parted Stuff that needs fixing before 1.8.9

Joel Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Thu Jun 4 09:29:56 UTC 2009

Hi Gilles:

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  When I did not get a reply from you I
assumed you where just offering to review the patch and not to post one.
Posting one is much better!!! :)

But, I think we can take advantage of the current situation.  Since I
have posted the patch for problem 6, this should be a good example of
the things I was talking to you about in an earlier mail (the patch and
the test).  The test for 6. needs a litte work, but the main concept of
it all is contained in my ninth patch [9/9] that I sent yesterday.

My comments bellow

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009 at 07:36:23AM +0200, Gilles Espinasse wrote:

> [...]

No worries.

> What I just don't know now is on wich branche the patches has been commited.
> In http://git.debian.org/?p=parted/parted.git

The branch for these patches is the master branch.  We are trying to get
all the issues that are backlogged in the mailing list committed so we
can release parted-1.9.0.

> I see 3 branches (master, next, stable-1.8.x) where  since 8 days only
> master has been updated.
> I would test if parted configured with --without-fs work better on git tree
> than 1.8.8.

Can you expand on the troubles you had with configuring parted
--with-fs.  It works ok for me.  If you are having some troubles
regarding the test it might be because you don't have some FileSystem
package installed.

--
Joel Andres Granados
Brno, Czech Republic, Red Hat.