[parted-devel] TODO for parted 1.9.0

Joel Granados jgranado at redhat.com
Thu Jun 11 12:39:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 02:21:42PM +0200, Joel Granados wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 04:03:13PM -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Hello Joel,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Joel Granados<jgranado at redhat.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > 2. Rename stable-1.8.x to maint
> > [...]
> > > 5. Release parted 1.9.0 from maint.
> > [...]
> >
> > The way we were working at stable-1.8.x makes it quite difficult to
> > merge with current master (so as conseguence with the future 1.9.0).
> > Since we have tags pointing to the released versions I think we could
> > just drop stable-1.8.x branch.
> >
> > In my opinion we could branch maint from master when we're about to
> > release 1.9 and then move master to what is next now.
>
> I'm OK with this approach.

I would like to add, that whenever we branch maint, we take care to add
two bug fixes that did not get added to master because of possible
conflicts down the road with next.
* http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2009-June/002928.html
* http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/parted-devel/2009-June/002925.html

These two, IMO, should be included in the release.

Regards.

> > What others think about it?
> >
> > --
> > Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
> > E-mail: otavio at ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br
> > Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854         http://projetos.ossystems.com.br
>
> --
> Joel Andres Granados