[parted-devel] improvements on "next"

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Tue Jun 16 13:56:33 UTC 2009

I've pushed all of next again.
The 16 most recent change-sets put it in shape so that all
"make check" tests pass with SS (sector size) == 512.
They also pass with SS in 1024, 2048, 4096, and any that
do FS-related things are skipped for those larger sector sizes.

This batch of changes also adds sun partition table support for
sector sizes > 512.  Before, that was disabled on "next".

Tomorrow I'll look at some of the contributed patches destined
for "next".  Please ensure that they apply to the latest
and pass "make check" at least with PARTED_SECTOR_SIZE=4096
and PARTED_SECTOR_SIZE=512 (the default).

I.e., apply your patch and then do this:

    make check && PARTED_SECTOR_SIZE=4096 make check