[parted-devel] Strange linux-swap name change

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 19 17:38:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 07:23:25PM +0200, Jim Meyering wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > This might be a bit more controversial than my last linux-swap patch.
> > :-)
>
> Not that controversial, imho.

Oh good.

> > I think this should be fixed before a 1.9.0 release, before people start
> > depending on the new behaviour too much.
>
> I agree, in principle, and will look at the patch next week.

Thanks!

One other thing I thought of is that perhaps linux-swap(old) and
linux-swap(new) should also become aliases; I don't know whether the
person who introduced them, or anyone else, is depending on them. I know
that the Debian installer recently started using that name, but the
change there was strictly contained to one program so it would be easy
to adjust again.