[parted-devel] parted for OSX

Anthony Generette agenerette at sendmemobile.com
Mon May 17 18:27:37 UTC 2010

Hello,

I recently came across the following discussion:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.parted.devel/60

And wondered if the port had ever been completed.

I'm trying to get a disk imaging utility called Clonezilla to work on my Macs.   I have a firewire/USB 1TB external drive that I've partitioned so that it has a 1GB FAT32 partition and two Mac "journaled"  partitions. I've following the instructions listed at

http://www.clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live/livehd.php

But the entire process fails for me when I try to run makeboot.sh:  I get something like "parted was not found on this GNU/Linux system".  I understand that OSX is a FreeBSD variant, but I have not been able to get the necessary software in place  to get the script to run to completion.

Thanks,

-Anthony