[parted-devel] Resizing/moving partition with parted-3.0

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 14:55:05 UTC 2011

On 11-06-08 07:15 AM, Jim Meyering wrote:

> You'll be glad to hear that someone has extracted parted's
> HFS-resizing code into a separate library.
> He said he'd publicize the work-in-progress soon.

I would certainly appreciate notification in this mailing list if this
comes to fruition.  I would very much like to include this functionality
back into GParted.

> That leaves only FAT-resizing to be extracted into its own
> library.  All other file system types that parted knew about
> were already handled by FS-specific tools packages.  If you know
> of any other free FAT-resizing code, please let me know.

If anyone learns of a free software FAT resizing tool that does not use
libparted then I would also very much like to include FAT resizing back
into GParted too.

Cheers,
Curtis