[parted-devel] LVM partition "fixed" with GPT parition table.

Paul Robinson Paul.Robinson at unit4.com
Thu Jan 12 15:32:08 UTC 2012

On 12 January 2012 14:40, Phillip Susi wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 12:33 PM, Paul Robinson wrote:
> > Firstly, apologies if this is not an appropriate forum for what is
> > effectively a support request but my Goolging so far today has turned
> > up neither an answer to my question or a more appropriate forum for
> > the question.

> This is a question of LVM recovery, so should be asked at linux-lvm at redhat.com.

Thanks. I was working on the assumption that in order to reverse the damage it would be good to understand what exactly had been done in the first instance. You're correct though. That does sound more sensible.

> Looks like not only did they add a GPT, but then ran a pvcreate on the
> first partition, laying down a whole new PV label.

Yes still can't think why or how they would have done it and nobody is owning up to doing anything.

We've actually managed to get some LVM help and have resolved it, but thanks for the reply.

Paul