[parted-devel] Copyright assignment form for parted

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 28 20:48:31 UTC 2015

I'm working on getting the Fedora ppc64 secondary arch install process
working again for Mac G5 machines.

As  part  of  this, I'm developing some patches to improve support for
mac  (Apple  Partition  Map)  disk volumes to parted and GParted. This
includes support in libparted for:
- A new "map" flag (PED_PARTITION_APPLE_PARTITION_MAP)
- A new "apple_map" filesystem type

This  means  GParted  see  the  Apple_partition_map  partition  as  an
"Unknown"  filesystem,  and prevents users from accidently deleting or
reformatting that partition.

In  discussing this with Brian C. Lane, he suggested I may need to get
a  copyright  assignment filled in. A search of the list archives send
me to the gnu page which seems to indicate that the project owner (Jim
Meyering  ?) needs to send me the doc to complete. Once I have that it
should  be straight forward - I write server software at a bank for my
day job, and they have no issues with me contributing to open software
projects.

Thanks in advance!