[parted-devel] About the obsolete use of struct initialization

Wang Dong dongdwdw at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Jun 7 03:04:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am going to write some code under libparted.
But I found struct initialization which is an obsolete use.

*for example*:
          boo = {next: 1 , current: 2}

Actually, I found this use in other places.

I checked it out and it turns out this use is obsolete in gcc 2.5
And I found my gcc is 5.x. So I think this use may be so old.
Can I use the new? But I am not sure if the keeping use of this
is for compatibility.

*So I just ask should I use comply with**
**the style of old or can I use the new initialization style?*

--
Best regards. Wang Dong