[Pbuilder-maint] pdebuild cleaning before build-depend installed

Paul van Tilburg paulvt at debian.org
Fri Nov 3 17:28:14 CET 2006

Hey all,

A few days ago I switched over to using cowbuilder as my main
chroot-build-engine for pbuilder since my machine is not really fast.
This also meant that I had to switch from my usual 'pdebuild
--use-pdebuild-internal' to plain 'pdebuild', since the first one didn't
seem to work well with cowbuilder (?).

Anyway, I have noticed that calling plain pdebuild does something
differently:
Somehow it calls the 'clean' target before the chroot is built and the
build-depends are installed.  If the clean target somehow really needs
the build-depends which I haven't installed on my system, pdebuild bails
out and I never get to the actual chroot-building part, in which it
would've installed them.  Is this meant to be this way?  Is it a bug?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Paul

Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt at debian.org