[Pbuilder-maint] Ignoring Recommends

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Fri Aug 24 07:25:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Should we switch to that backend as default :)

 I think we should, it's way faster than other backends and moves the
 resolution of dependency to aptitude.  Ideally, apt-get should be used
 as there's no readon aptitude should have a better resolver than APT,
 but the fact is that aptitude has a different and better
 implementation.

 If we do make it the default, then I think we should install aptitude
 in pbuilder create / pbuilder update by default as aptitude is not
 installable 100% of the time: almost every time there is a libapt
 upload, there's a SONAME change and aptitude is uninstallable for a
 couple of days.  The current pbuilder-satisfydepends-aptitude will
 install aptitude at build time, which will fail when aptitude isn't
 available.
   It's the only annoyance I noticed since I switched to
 pbuilder-satisfydepends-aptitude for all my builds.

--
Loïc Minier