chroot for source compiling

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:37:36 UTC 2009

I needed it to be able to download source package right after login to
start working inside chroot environment. Because chroot lacks vim it
was impossible to edit /etc/apt/sources.list  I used --othermirror in
the end, but I wonder what is the purpose of commenting deb-src?

BTW, if it were possible to execute arbitrary command on the chroot
side using "pbuilder execute" without the need to wrap it in a script
first, the whole process would be more fun.

Please CC.

--anatoly t.