'd-p' can be used for Ubuntu, lenny-proposed-updates

Osamu Aoki osamu at debian.org
Sat Jan 23 18:53:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 06:10:51PM +0000, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> New branch 'd-p' available with the following commits:

I have moved codes around following guide by most of Loïc Minier's
comments.

Since it looks cleaner to start from master, new branch d-p is created.

 * I do not initialize environment variables.
 * I stopped preloading of distribution. (Preloading of profile is
   needed so we get decent default paths which can be overridden by
   /etc/pbuilderrc etc.)

I have changed manpage of pbuilder around distribution since some
description on limitation seemed unsubstantiated with current script.
(This is somewhat worrying part...)

Let me show how it is working...

This one pass all test suite and recent local changes are only
documentation and it is working fine for normal operations even for
Ubuntu.

$ sudo pbuilder --create -p ubu -d jaunty
I: creating base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/ubu/base.tgz]
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/ubu/build/23015 and its subdirectories

Working! This is enough to be quite useful for many people.  If people
are on armel, use --mirror option to override default choice of archive
URL.

How about stable-proposed-updates :-)

$ sudo pbuilder --create -p lbpu -d lenny-proposed-updates
I: Configuring g++...
I: Configuring dpkg-dev...
I: Configuring build-essential...
I: Base system installed successfully.
I: debootstrap finished
I: copying local configuration
I: Installing apt-lines
I: Installing apt-lines for lenny-proposed-updates (Debian)
I: Refreshing the base.tgz
I: upgrading packages
I: mounting /proc filesystem
I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
I: installing dummy policy-rc.d
Get:1 http://cdn.debian.net lenny Release.gpg [1032B]
Get:2 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates Release.gpg [835B]
Hit http://cdn.debian.net lenny Release
Get:3 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates Release [62.8kB]
Ign http://cdn.debian.net lenny/main Packages/DiffIndex
Get:4 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main Packages [203kB]
Hit http://cdn.debian.net lenny/main Packages
Fetched 268kB in 0s (318kB/s)
Reading package lists...
I: Obtaining the cached apt archive contents
find: `/var/cache/pbuilder/lbpu/aptcache': No such file or directory
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
  dpkg dpkg-dev gzip libc6 libc6-dev linux-libc-dev login passwd tzdata
9 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 14.1MB of archives.
After this operation, 1647kB disk space will be freed.
Get:1 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main dpkg 1.14.28 [2400kB]
Get:2 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main gzip 1.3.12-6+lenny1 [106kB]
Get:3 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main login 1:4.1.1-6+lenny1 [863kB]
Get:4 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main linux-libc-dev 2.6.26-21 [751kB]
Get:5 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main libc6-dev 2.7-18lenny1 [2500kB]
Get:6 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main libc6 2.7-18lenny1 [4951kB]
Get:7 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main passwd 1:4.1.1-6+lenny1 [973kB]
Get:8 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main tzdata 2010a-0lenny1 [773kB]
Get:9 http://cdn.debian.net lenny-proposed-updates/main dpkg-dev 1.14.28 [771kB]
I: creating base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/lbpu/base.tgz]
I: cleaning the build env
I: removing directory /var/cache/pbuilder/lbpu/build/2837 and its subdirectories

Nice. Now pbuilder is quite easy to set up lenny-proposed-updates.

(Please not there is no more // in path like /var/cache/pbuilder//base.tgz)

Of course:

$ sudo pbuilder --create -p lbp -d lenny-backports

This starts OK.  But it only fails due to W: GPG error:
http://backports.org lenny-backports Release: The following signatures
couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY
EA8E8B2116BA136C

This is expected.  GPG is next step.  (I think even with code in current
state, by using --aptconfdir to load GPG keys, we should be able to
use this ...)

Osamu

PS: -p is short for --profile, -d is short for --distribution