pbuilder-apt-config

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sat Jan 30 13:17:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > > debian-edu
> > > deb http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux lenny local
> >  Another one I can think of is emdebian which also uses Debian names:
> >     http://emdebian.org/crush/dists/
> >     http://emdebian.org/grip/dists/
> >
> >  However I don't think we need to support these immediately; the
> >  official Debian and Ubuntu archives are a good start, and we should
> >  think about making things solid and extensible.  Perhaps these could be
> >  handled with separate pbuilder-apt-config utilities for instance?  Not
> >  too nice though.
>
> I am leaning to say, we should not bother these special cases to make
> this script too complicated.  We can address them by adding
> "--aptconf /pth/to/apt/sources.list.d/skolelinux" etc.
>
> The same goes with ppa.

 Ack; in fact the Emdebian repos are a mess, so I prefer getting a clear
 request on which ones should be used: there is Emdebian tools, Emdebian
 Crush and Emdebian Grip as 3 separate orthogonal archives.

 I did implement PPA support though, I do think it's important.

 I finished mirror-map support; take a look, let me know what you think.

 I wonder whether we need a command-line interface to set archive
 mirrors too, perhaps --mirror "debian-security
 http://mirror/debian-security/" or something like that.  Currently,
 only a single mirror for --suite mode is supported, or you have to use
 --mirror-map (works in both --profile and --suite modes).

--
Loïc Minier