pbuilder-apt-config

Loïc Minier lool at dooz.org
Sat Jan 30 22:12:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> >  I finished mirror-map support; take a look, let me know what you think.
>
> some $mirror may be replaced by
>  $volatile_mirror
>  $security_mirror

 ah -- where specifically?

> >  I wonder whether we need a command-line interface to set archive
> >  mirrors too, perhaps --mirror "debian-security
> >  http://mirror/debian-security/" or something like that.  Currently,
> >  only a single mirror for --suite mode is supported, or you have to use
> >  --mirror-map (works in both --profile and --suite modes).
>
> Use of sed script works but too complicated for this task ...

 Ok; changed to use pure shell; it's a bit longer but more readable
 indeed.

> Quite honestly, if I had to use local cache mirror, I may just use
> --aptconf trick to overwrite /etc/apt/sources.list to any file contents.

 One goal of the tool is to be at the receiving end of the profile name.

 e.g. if the user passes some --distribution at creation time, we would
 call:
    if ! pbuilder-apt-config --profile $DISTRIBUTION >config 2>/dev/null; then
        pbuilder-apt-config --suite $DISTRIBUTION >config
    fi

 Another goal is to support multiple mirrors transparently.

 I'm currently thinking we should rip away the MIRROR debconf stuff
 entirely and just default to autoguessing depending on the target of
 the package and of the current distro.

--
Loïc Minier