copying

Malte Forkel malte.forkel at berlin.de
Tue Jul 6 09:03:48 UTC 2010

Hello,

When pdebuild is called with the --use-pdebuild-internal option, build
results are copied to the BUILDRESULT directory by a 'cp -a' in the
pdebuild script. This does not work well for me if the orig.tar.gz file
is a relative link: The link is not dereferenced due to cp's -d option
implied by -a and the orig.tar.gz file in BUILDRESULT is an invalid link.

I don't have that problem when calling pdebuild without the
--use-pdebuild-internal option. In pbuilder itself, 'cp -p' is used both
when copying to the tmp/buildd (in function copydsc) and when copying to
BUILDRESULT (in pbuilder-buildpackage itself).

What's the reason for using 'cp -a' in pdebuild over 'cp -p'?

Thanks, Malte