pbuilder maintenance (ITA)

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Jun 25 06:37:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 11:10:21PM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Let me share something from the past.
>
> I had itches to add simple command line UI to support multiple
> distributions .... then my momentum was lost when I found to use
> git-pbuilder as a wrapper.  So much for short introduction of myself.

umh? multiple distributions on the cmd line? I fail to see what would be the
point :)

> When I was involved, Junichi reminded me that the command line feature
> needs to be matched by the cowbuilder (his newer effort to speed up
> pbuilder), too.
>
> The cowbuilder is faster and now used as default for git-buildpackage.
> It is provided by the cowdancer source.  It also needs love too.

well, i know cowbuilder, yet not as I know pbuilder. I started using pbuilder
years ago, it entered my workflow and I'm very lazy/slow at changing it. So I
just know nothing about cowbuilder.
Though I known that cowbuilder and pbuilder share the UI (since there are other
software that allow changing the builder but they don't change the parameters,
so i deduced the two builder shared the UI), i haven't though to pay attenction
to that.
I'll try to not touch the UI. But I guess pbuilder needs a lot more stuff than
changes in the UI.

Whatever, if you still have itches just file them as a bug, i think a handful
more won't change the huge view (even more after me closing old cruft..) :D

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

GPG Key: 66AE 2B4A FCCF 3F52 DA18  4D18 4B04 3FCD B944 4540         .''`.
more about me:  http://mapreri.org                                 : :'  :
Launchpad user: https://launchpad.net/~mapreri                     `. `'`
Debian QA page: https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattia     `-