Exporting build results even if the build fails

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Thu Nov 26 23:12:55 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 08:49:20PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> Currently pbuilder does not export build results (*.deb, *.tar.*, *.dsc,
> ...) or additional build results if the package build fails.

umh, wait, what do you export if the build fails?
except for the sources I and the half-built tree I can't think about
anything else (unless you are dealing with non-that-easy packages where
you build something, then clean up everything and rebuild differently so
you already have a .deb even if don't already have finished).

> I patch pbuilder locally to make this happen, and would be interested in
> hearing if you would accept some patches for this?

well, I'm really open to patches :)
maybe try post them somewhere so I can grasp better what you would like?

> The use case I have for this feature, is exporting files that inform on
> why the build failed (test logs, ...).

ok, so you do want to copy over the full half-built tree, right?

Thanks for reaching out!

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo