Exporting build results even if the build fails

Mattia Rizzolo mattia at mapreri.org
Sun Nov 29 15:47:40 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 03:14:43PM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:
> I have put some proposed changes up on a branch here [1].
>
> 1:
> http://git.cbaines.net/pbuilder/log/?h=export-additional-buildresults-on-build-failure

oh, ok, that's about the extra build results.

> I tried to put some context in the commit messages, but as a more
> concrete example, I have a Jenkins instance that runs jobs which involve
> running pbuilder. py.test, which runs as part of the package build
> process outputs a file (containing jUnit XML), this file is listed as a
> additional build result, such that it gets copied to the Jenkins working
> directory, and then read by Jenkins for display in the web interface.
> The above patch means that the test results will be displayed when the
> tests fail (and the package build fails), as well as when the tests all
> pass (and the package build succeeds).

ok, I'm open to this, even if I'm a bit worried about the change of
behaviour (I'm a fan of adding options, but maybe it's overkill in this
case?)

Can you please open a bug, post the patches and we'll discuss it over
there?
In a bug report is easier for me to track requests, etc....

btw,
+    if [ -d "${BUILDRESULT}" ]; then
+        export_additional_buildresults
+    else
+        log.e "BUILDRESULT=[$BUILDRESULT] is not a directory."
+    fi

I don't think this is the check you wanted to perform:
[ -d $BUILDRESULT ] is done earlier on the same script (lines 82:92) and
the thing already fails if that directory doesn't exists before starting
the build.

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo