Bad interaction between pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on security-master

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at debian.org
Sun Jul 9 14:19:20 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-07-03 at 20:49 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-07-03 at 19:06 +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 03, 2017 at 07:00:20PM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> > > [ Correcting ftp-master's email address, but keeping the large list of
> > > recipients for some reason. ]
> >
> > really…  that's just a ftp-master issue IMHO, definitely not due to
> > debhelper much less by pbuilder…
>
> I fine with that answer. My point was just that, should ftpmasters say that it
> was unsupported to have an _<arch>.buildinfo file inside a _source.changes,
> then something was wrong in the build toolchain.

I hope that ftpmasters will reply here, but just in case:

[08:06:05] (ansgar): Corsac: I fixed it by changing the filename and resigning
the buildd's changes.  But please don't upload _amd64.buildinfo unless you include amd64 binaries.

I didn't manually generate this _sources.changes and I didn't ask to include
_amd64.buildinfo. So something does need fixing in the build chain, whether
it's pbuilder, debhelper or dpkg-dev or a combination thereof.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis