Bad interaction between pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on security-master

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Jul 12 09:30:02 UTC 2017

James Clarke writes ("Re: Bad interaction between pbuilder/debhelper/dpkg-buildinfo/dpkg-genchanges and dak on security-master"):
> Having the _amd64.buildinfo included in a _source.changes created by
> dpkg-genchanges -S in a tree which has done a source+binary build is an
> intended feature.

Wait, what ?  You're telling me that dpkg-genchanges will pick up
random .buildinfo files it happens to find lying around ?  And that
this is deliberate ?

There is no way the tools can tell whether the _amd64.buildinfo it
finds even relates to the same source code, or anything.

Ian.