RFC: Peculiar dependency change in graphicsmagick

Guido Günther agx at sigxcpu.org
Fri Nov 10 21:39:52 UTC 2017

Hi,
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 04:29:09PM -0500, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:22:51PM +0100, Markus Koschany wrote:
> >
> > It's more like a handling error. When I use gbp like that:
> >
> > ARCH=amd64 git-buildpackage --git-dist=wheezy
> >
> > the build will fail in debian/rules line 31 because the
> > hardening-includes package does not exist in Sid anymore. What I am
> > trying to do is to build graphicsmagick in a clean cowbuilder
> > environment and in wheezy hardening-includes is of course still
> > existent, so I wouldn't expect this error in the first place. There must
> > be a way to tell gbp to ignore line 31 but I haven't figured out how do
> > it yet.
> >

> You need to append -nc, like this:
>
> gbp buildpackage --git-dist=wheezy -nc

You suspected the same thing than I did and I wonder if it wouldn't be
better if pbuilder would not do this by default. I know there's
--use-pdebuild-internal¹ but it would be nice if pbuilder wouldn't do
anything by default. cc'ing the pbuilder maintainers for their input
(since this pops up rather often e.g.²).
Cheers,
 -- Guido

¹ https://pbuilder.alioth.debian.org/#pdebuild
² https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=692803