[Pcsclite-muscle] Issue with C# / Mono / PCSC / Debian (Raspbian)

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 14:47:36 UTC 2014

> Hi All,

Hello,

> I’m not sure if this is the right place to be sending this but anyhow.
>

> Situation is we have a Raspberry PI (with PiFace) connected to an
> ACR122U-A9 card reader.  We have a C# application running (via mono) on the
> Pi which provides a card watcher service.   When a card is checked as valid
> on the network, the magnet on the door is released.
>

> The system works fine until it doesn’t and stops working.  I’ve searched
> everywhere  and can’t find a smoking gun anywhere in the logs and I’ve
> tried a number of workarounds to get it working consistently including
> updating Kernal via rpi-update to 3.12.22+, restarting mono/pcscd every
> 2hours via cron (not a fix but to see if this helps).
>

> In the /var/log/messages log there are a lot of “door0007 pcscd:
> winscard.c:887:SCardDisconnect() Error resetting card” messages.  I’m
> wondering if the cards are not disconnected, if these “handles” build up to
> a threshold on pcscd and then it crashes.  Is this likely to be a problem
> in the code or a problem with pcsc or mono but I really don’t know what I’m
> talking about.

This error was not present in the private email you sent me.
You only mentioned the error: "door0007 pcscd:
readerfactory.c:1062:RFAddRead
erHandle() Too many handles opened, exceeding configured max (200)."
This error indicates bug in your program or in the C# wraper.

For the new error you may want to read "USB issues with a Raspberry Pi"
http://ludovicrousseau.blogspot.fr/2014/04/usb-issues-with-raspberry-pi.html

 Anyway, any advice on how to go about debugging this issue would be much
> appreciated?  I do not have access to the code so I’m just trying to
> ascertain at which layer the issue is occurring.  If it is an issue with
> the C# code I can send it back to the developers.

It is often a good idea to send all the needed data for a debug. See
http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/pcsclite.html#support

But if you do not have access to the source code of your application it
will be difficult to debug and fix.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau