[Pcsclite-muscle] Registering virtual readers

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 08:07:54 UTC 2014

> Am 20.09.2014 um 11:40 schrieb Ludovic Rousseau:
>> The use of SIGUSR1 is available when hotplug_libusb.c is used.
>> Now the USB hotplug is done using hotplug_libudev.c and the use of
>> SIGUSR1 is no more available.
> Ok, I didn't get this detail. But does this mean that the call "pcscd
> -H" does not work either? I guess so from my experiences and a (very
> short)...

pcscd -H will work and will call HPReCheckSerialReaders().
But this function does nothing in hotplug_libudev.c

> Is there a simple way to trigger the existing hotplug rescan using
> hotplug_libudev?

No. Code is missing for _serial_ hotplug in hotplug_libudev.c

> Shouldn't the solution than be changing the code for pcscd -H to use
> this mechanism?
>> You can rebuild pcsc-lite using --enable-libusb so that
>> hotplug_libusb.c and try/debug your code.
>> If it works you can hack hotplug_libudev.c to add support of SIGUSR1
>> so that you can use the standard pcsc-lite compilation.
> Do I understand this correctly. You would like the signal handler to be
> reintegrated within hotplug_libudev to be included in the next upstream
> release if I provide an according patch?
> Which one would be your preferred approach?

You can add the missing code in hotplug_libudev for your tests and
debug if you want.
You select the approach you prefer.

Bye,

--